Should You Use Traffic Exchanges To Promote Affiliate Products?

Well, you pick out a product to promote from a popular affiliate program. You start a blog, write articles and the traffic doesn't seem to come fast enough for you. You do a search on how to get traffic to your website or blog and you somehow come across a traffic exchange website. You get excited, believing you are own your way to getting visitors to your site to see what you have to offer them but there is something you have to do. You have to visit other people’s websites in order to get traffic to yours.

The owners of the traffic exchanges want you to believe that it is a great and easy method to get traffic to your site but is it really worth the effort? I have a simple answer for you, no! Your effort will be wasted.

I will explain. Traffic exchanges are sources of junk, invalid, and worthless traffic. The members generally have the same goal as yourself, getting visitors to their sites. Many of them are not honest and they will be surfing 3 or 4 traffic exchanges at a time, not even taking a minute to look at your site. Is this the kind of traffic you want? Certainly not. You shouldn’t even become an affiliate if you're going to use traffic exchanges because you'll never make one red cent.

Google don't even recommend traffic exchanges.  Read it for yourself àUsing Traffic Exchange Programs.  Google knows where your traffic is coming from and Google won’t take you seriously when they see that traffic is coming from a garbage website. So my advice, don’t even bother with traffic exchanges.

Also members of those sites are more than likely promoting stuff as yourself or worst it could be malware that can affect your computer….and I know you don’t want that.

Even buying credits is bad because money is wasted, and there will be no conversions. Plus as a member you're getting cheated because if you sign up for free you'll have to visit 2 websites to get one visitor to your website. Sounds much like the USA paying 2.4 cents to make the penny if you catch my drift.

Let me tell you a short story. When I was still kinda new to affiliate marketing, I joined a few traffic exchanges and I was a member for about month. I got a couple of viruses, one which was a Google redirect virus and the other was malware. I didn’t even know what the heck a Google redirect virus was and didn’t realize I had it until a few days later. The malware I knew about immediately and it took me a long time to remove the virus from my computer.   The redirect virus was removed after I downloaded software to remove it, which was a pc cleaner care after a long search using another computer because this virus completely took over my searches.

With that being said, I’m here to warn you to avoid using those sites like the plague. I've learnt my lesson. Matter fact using these sites is the lazy way to traffic. In order to get traffic to your sites you have to work at it. Build trust and a following and give Google what it wants to get traffic you want.  I hate to say it but it would be better to get a bunch of kids to visit your site and offers than dead broken traffic from an exchange.

If you're serious about affiliate marketing, then you need to be serious about how you want to refer people to your website.  Don’t refer them through junk or spam websites.

Related Post

5 Creative Traffic Building Ideas

Link Building To Boost Traffic To Your Website

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are there any free ways to advertise and get traffic? How do you build trust and get followers, if no one is even visiting your website or blog?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is post is very nice, knowledgeable and informative. Email Marketing Integration and automation tactics that lift conversions and boost ROI. You can also get information from this links………..
    affiliate marketing

    ReplyDelete