The Lies People Tell To Rip You Off In A Biz Opp


Starting a business, whether online or off can be an exciting new venture to anyone who is sick of their 9-5.  Anyone who is new to starting a biz opp needs to beware of the lies people tell in an effort to rip you off and take your money. This can be for affiliate marketing, MLM’s or multi level marketing, buying a course or an ebook to help you make money, or anything that involves you to spend money to make money.  In this post I am going to tell you the lies people tell to rip you off, and most of these are based on my own experiences in trying to pick the right business.

Starting more than ten years ago, I was told lie after lie and lost money in the process. People introduced me to their MLM business opportunities, I got bogus emails about ebooks that will help me to make money online, I also had people tell me they could help me start a business for a fee. Yet when I decided to try some of these biz opps nothing panned out. I was broker after I tried. 

I’m going to share the lies people tell.  Some of them are very crappy, tired, and played out.

Multi Level Marketing (MLM)

I’ve joined a few MLM’s in the past.  One of the biggest lies I was told was the price you pay to join will go up soon and we can’t promise this price will be the same next week, or month.  This is the way MLM reps get you to sign up fast. They are taught to manipulate you to sign up because you may change your mind if you go home to think about it. When I signed up for Pre-Paid Legal, they told me I had to pay before 2pm on a Friday or I may have to pay a higher price. The beginning of the next week, the price was still the same which was $72. I felt like I had been tricked because I was. As a matter of fact, the price was the same for the next several weeks before it went up. When I started to promote this business I learned they actually had a heads up on when the price was going to change and I felt even more fooled. My advice to you is to never join any program under pressure. I don’t recommend joining any MLM programs period.

The next lie these people told me was they didn’t make money off of me when I signed up. Actually they do make money. See they are taught to build their downline and you are a part of their downline so they do make money off of you in the long run, not right then and there. You are at the bottom and they want to keep you there. You are taught to build your own downline so you can make you and your sponsor money. So you are mainly building their business and you have no control in how you want to run your biz in any MLM.

The next lie these people will tell you is they want to help you be successful. They only want to help you because it helps them. And in actuality they don’t help you, they leave you hanging. Oh and if you happen to build a downline and some one in your downline surpasses you, you will no longer be able to make money off of them and guess what, you upline will still make money off of the person you brought on the team.  The reason is you have to stay ahead of your downline in order to make money off of them.  This is why I say they keep you at the bottom; they truly don’t want to help you get to their status. It’s the only way to make a lot of money.

The more I learned, the angrier I got so I quit the business. I did not want to be in a business telling people lies just to make money. And if the product/program was so great why lie. All MLM companies are liars and cheaters and you should never want to be apart of it.

The crap they used to tell me made me mad. These are some of their “pick up lines”:

·         If we can do it, you can do it
·         You need this program or product
·         You have to follow the system to be successful, it’s the only way
·         Ask your friends and family to join
·         There's money to be made for everyone

It’s nothing but lies, and you have to find out a great deal of this stuff after you join. Also you pay for every meeting/briefing you attend and bring your prospect to. It’s like a cult. Once again don’t join any network marketing, MLM’s or multi level marketing program. These are the lies people will tell you and you will be disappointed.

Ebooks and Online Courses

The next lies people will tell you are involving eBooks or online courses. Some are legit others are not. You don’t have to buy a book or attend a course to make money in any business. Some courses you definitely don’t have to join because if you look long and hard enough, you will find out how to make money and other helpful info by searching the web. If you want to get a more relevant search, type what you are searching for in the search bar and put it in parenthesis.

Sometimes people don’t have the time to do searches so buying an ebook may be easier for them. This is ok but you do have to beware of the lies people tell to rip you off. Not all books or courses are created equally.

The first lie people tell is they made several hundreds of thousands of dollars in their first month of business.  To me this is to hyped up and it is not likely people will make this kind of money in that short of time. Heck if people have done it, everyone would quit their jobs and do it to. 

The next lie people tell is their product helped a ton of people. Now some folks do have products that do help lots of folks, but it's only a small percentage of people. The majority put out crappy products that don't help no one. These are the ones that tell lies to get a buck and they don't care to help others.  

The best thing to do is to look past the lies people tell. Do research on the author of the program, course, or book and find out what they have done to make money. Also the best indicator the product is good is if they are giving you free advice in the form of a website, blog, or article providing you helpful quality content. If their information truly helped you then consider paying for their books, course, or program.  I recently attended a webinar that I paid for and found it to be very helpful so there are definitely some helpful ebooks and courses out there.

Also if you run across an affiliate who is selling a product, be careful because they can tell lies also. They same applies to the affiliate, if they don’t offer a good blog or website, don’t purchase anything through them. Only do so if you feel they helped you and they have a good site or blog. See through these lies people tell and don’t spend your money unless you want to. Don’t believe the lies these people tell you.

I hope this post help you today. I didn’t talk much about affiliate marketing, but I felt I should create a post about the lies people tell to rip you off in a biz opp because you can be ripped off in affiliate marketing as well as all businesses, and if someone need some help, this post is geared towards helping them see the light and keep their hard earned money. People tell some amazing lies just to make a buck off of people and it doesn’t have to happen. People need to be educated so they can see through the lies people tell.

Working Online Works

Work At Home Schemes

Federal, State Law Enforcers Complete Bogus Business Opportunity Sweep

Working From Home: Don't Get Scammed

At Home Work Scams 'On The Rise' 



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come and see how THOUSAND of people like YOU are making a LIVING online and are fulfilling their dreams right NOW.
    CLICK HERE TO START NOW

    ReplyDelete